- Situated in Tigray Region, Southern Zone
- Established in 1994 and is 1 of the 25 Agricultural Colleges constructed in Ethiopia.
- Maichew became an ATVET college in 2001
- Student population 2014: 804
- Currently there are 79 Administrative/Support Staff and 90 Academic Staff at the college.
- Accredited Occupational Standard: Sub-Sectors: Animal Production (Specialization and DA), Animal Health, Crop Production (Specialization, DA), Natural Resources (Specialization and DA), Sugar Production
Seeks to create competent and self-reliant citizens to contribute to the economic and social development of the country, thus improving the livelihoods of all Ethiopians and sustainably reducing poverty.
- Outcome based training delivery system
- Technology Capability, Accumulation and Transfer
- Industrial extension service for Micro and small enterprises